Friday, July 20, 2012

Combustion and Creativity - Salt Soda and Wood

Well I can relax now that I have delivered all my pots for a show that I am taking part in with two other potters called "Combustion and Creativity - Salt Soda and Wood". The wood part is me. The salt part is Tim Storey who does amazing things with hand building - his creations - many with animal themes in his unique style are widely collected.  http://www.madawaskastudiotour.com/studios2010/storey/storey.html    
The soda part is Dan Hill who does great things in cone 6 soda.
 http://www.hillpottery.com/DanHill/index.html
He also give workshops in soda firing using not only his large soda kiln but also a converted electric to soda kiln. So if you are in Barry's Bay, Ontario, sometime between July 20 and Aug 26 be sure to stop by South of 60 (railway station) and see the exhibit.
(Not sure why I am getting white sections in the write up - I can't seem to remove them even if I start over in a new blog section.)

No comments:

Post a Comment